Midwest Theological Forum has designed the Regal Edition of the Roman Missal, Third Edition to ensure that every element is durable and practical -- yet dignified, beautiful, and suitable for divine worship. The instruction concerning an altar missal from the Congregation for Divine Worship and the Discipline of the Sacraments states it “should be marked by such a dignity that the exterior appearance of the book itself will lead the faithful to a greater reverence for the word of God and for sacred realities” (Liturgiam Authenticam, 120). For this reason the quality of paper and binding as well as the visual impact of vibrant, full-color illustrations; musical notations; and fonts for texts have been considered to produce a dignified altar missal.
View sample text pages
here (to download, right-click and choose "Save link as...")
View sample pages of artwork here (to download, right-click and choose "Save link as...")
- The pages of the Regal Edition are Smyth-sewn and bound with reinforced, embossed endsheets inside a cover of high-quality German red Genuine Leather.
- The cover is gold-stamped with an image of Christ Pantocrator on the front and Chi-Rho on the back, and there are five hubs on the spine.
- The 8.5” x 11” pages are an august cream color with gilded edges.
- The 60-gsm weight of the paper allows the book to be light while providing good opacity, and 100-gsm paper is used for sections of the missal that need to hold up to more frequent use.
- Full-color illustrations from the Church’s treasury of fine art adorn the beginnings of seasons and principal feasts, adding visual beauty to the liturgical texts.
- The 24 tabs made of genuine leather make for secure and easy turning of pages, and the six ornate ribbons mark places in the missal.
- The Regal Edition comes in a cloth-wrapped, gold-stamped box ideal for protection and presentation.